PurgaColor© and Other Secrets of Purgatory Pie Press – Printmaking on the Letterpress with Dikko Faust
PurgaColor and other printmaking secrets of Purgatory Pie Press Revealed! Explore letterpress as a printmaking medium. Learn to edition painterly techniques such as feathering, collagraph, colorization. Make texture and collage plates--- type high is the only rule! "IF IT FITS ON THE PRESS WE WILL LETTERPRESS IT. EVERYTHING THAT FITS, WE PRINT!"
Don't miss this special opportunity to learn from a true leader and innovator in the letterpress movement, Dikko Faust of Purgatory Pie Press.
Sign-up Bonus: The first five people who register for this workshop will receive a signed copy of Esther K. Smith's "How To Make Books"!
Dikko Faust, hand typographer, letterpress printer and founder of Purgatory Pie Press, has served as a juror for the Type Directors Club. Purgatory Pie Press has exhibited internationally, including shows at Smith College, Harvard University, the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Metropolitan Museum Libraries. Collections holding his work include the Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Tate, the Whitney, and the New York Public Library. Learn more at www.purgatorypiepress.com.
SCBA Cancellation/Refund Policy:
- If your class is canceled by SCBA, you will promptly receive a full refund.
- If you cancel more than 21 days prior to the first day of class, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel 21 days or less before the first day of class, you will receive a credit for the amount of the original class to be used for any future SCBA class offered within one year from the date of the cancellation.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours prior to the first day of class, no credit or refund will be granted. However, it may be possible to obtain handouts for the class pending approval from the instructor and SCBA.
- If you do not appear in class and we have not heard from you, no credit or refund of any kind will be given.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information, or to register at the student rate or SCBA supporter rate. To register for this class, please click the link below and pay using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account. You may also print and mail in a registration form with your payment. When registering by mail, please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your registration.