Magic Books and Paper Toys with Esther K. Smith
Amaze your friends with an array of tricky book forms from a myriad of traditions: hexaflexagons, magic wallets, simple pop-ups, origami-based forms, exquisite corpses, animations, jewelry books, etc. Learn these easy structures, making quick models, and then finishing them, embellishing with your favorite stamps, collage materials, stickers, buttons and beads.
This workshop is based on Esther K. Smith's book of the same name... don't miss this rare opportunity to learn from a true master of the craft!
Sign-up Bonus: The first five people who register for this workshop will receive a signed copy of Esther K. Smith's "How To Make Books"!
Esther K Smith hand makes artist books and limited editions at Purgatory Pie Press in New York City, collaborating with typographer Dikko Faust and other artists and writers. They have had solo exhibits at Metropolitan Museum of Art and London's Victoria & Albert Museum. International collections include Museum of Modern Art, The National Gallery of Art, London's Tate, The Walker, and The Whitney Museum. Learn more at purgatorypiepress.com.
SCBA Cancellation/Refund Policy:
- If your class is canceled by SCBA, you will promptly receive a full refund.
- If you cancel more than 21 days prior to the first day of class, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel 21 days or less before the first day of class, you will receive a credit for the amount of the original class to be used for any future SCBA class offered within one year from the date of the cancellation.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours prior to the first day of class, no credit or refund will be granted. However, it may be possible to obtain handouts for the class pending approval from the instructor and SCBA.
- If you do not appear in class and we have not heard from you, no credit or refund of any kind will be given.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information, or to register at the student rate or SCBA supporter rate. To register for this class, please click the link below and pay using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account. You may also print and mail in a registration form with your payment. When registering by mail, please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your registration.